There are many basic differences between the two. Chartered Accountants where with their accountant skills they work to manage the risks, losses and accounts of firms and companies properly and they work on various domains like audit, taxation, investment, finance etc. to increase the profits of any firm. Huh. At the same time, the work of the Company Secretary is to advise the Board of Directors of the companies concerned on matters of administration, finance, accounts, taxation etc. It advises companies on their business and laws.
difference between the two courses
Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary, both these careers start from the commerce field itself, but later turn into two different parts. Mathematics is not a compulsory subject for either of these two, but you must have a good and solid understanding of Mathematics (especially for CA). If it is not, then these courses will face difficulties. Both CS and CA are three-stage courses, but the duration of the stages is different. It takes around 2-3 years to do a company secretary course, while it takes about 5 years to do a chartered accountant.
Also read: College Admission: After 12th, choose the best college and course, you will get benefit
Register Process for Chartered Accountant
- To become a Chartered Accountant, one has to first register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- Thereafter obtain the degree of Bachelor of Commerce by passing the Qualification Professional Test (CPT).
- Then pass the Integrated Professional Competence (IPC) test. Then do articleship for 3 years.
- After that pass the Chartered Accountant Final Examination.
Register Process for Company Secretary
- To become a Company Secretary, first register with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
- After this you will have to do an eight-month foundation course.
- Then do executive program for one year and professional program for one year.
- Apart from this, you can also do company secretary course after passing graduation.
Also read: Career Options: It is easy to make a career in physical education, know after which course you will get high salary
difference in career opportunities
Students making a career in Chartered Accountant have more career opportunities as compared to Company Secretary. They can work in both public and private sectors including government organizations, private firms, banks, law firms, business enterprises, civil services etc. On the other hand, students who are making their career in company secretary can get good jobs in big corporate firms globally. Also they can find job opportunities in various departments like governance, administration, meeting with stakeholders and board of directors. Students can also consider the option of working independently as Company Secretaries for various firms.
difference in salary of both
CA and CS look after the finance sector of all companies. However, for this, a chartered accountant is more preferred. Because Chartered Accountants have more knowledge and expertise in the finance sector. However, this does not diminish the importance of a company secretary. As a Chartered Accountant you can earn around 7 to 8 lakhs annually in the initial phase. At the same time, as a company secretary, you can get an annual salary of 5 to 6 lakh rupees in the initial phase.