Upskilling start-up Great Learning offers career boost

Upskilling company Great Learning has launched a career boost program to help freshers find jobs.

Thanks to an influx of freshers joining Great Learning’s repository of free courses at Great Learning Academy, the company has a significant base of around 2 million learners who they are connecting to their existing network of corporates.

“When we started talking to students at Great Learning Academy, we realized that what they still lack is how they land their first job. On the other hand, we were getting constant feedback from companies that they are getting talent for lateral positions from Great Learning but fresher hiring still remains a challenge for them. Career Boost addresses challenges on both sides,” Hari Krishnan Nair told BusinessLine.

Career Boost displays the jobs freshers can apply for, as well as conducts a skill assessment test of the candidates. He said this helps companies to have a talent pipeline that has been assessed for a certain skill, which makes both the curriculum and the recruitment process more efficient.

Great Learning Academy offers more than 750 free courses in English and Hindi in various domains like Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IT & Software, Cloud Computing, Marketing & Finance, Digital Marketing, Interview Preparation, Sales, BD and much more. Is. While 45 percent of users were college students from India, the remaining 55 percent were beginners and experienced working professionals from across the world.

In the last one year, Great Learning has registered a 5x growth in learners for Great Learning Academy (GLA). The platform has seen over 4.3 million enrollments in courses. Introduction to Digital Marketing, Data Science Foundation, Java Programming, Excel for Beginners, Smart English for Professionals, Python for Machine Learning and Front-end Development are some of the most popular courses and are in demand globally from countries including India, USA, Canada are seeing. , Bangladesh and more.

Since launch, more than 300 companies like TCS, Dell, Ugam, Tech Mahindra, Indiamart, Informatica, LEED Square etc. have used career boost to hire new talent in roles like ASE, Software Engineer, Dotnet Developer, Product Engineer etc. is used. , and security analyst.

BYJU’S acquired Great Learning in July 2021 for $600 million. The company has crossed the $100 million revenue run rate in FY21. The company ended FY20 with book revenue of ₹325 crore, an increase of nearly 150 per cent over FY19. The company’s user base is also said to have grown tenfold in FY21.

Great Learning programs have been developed in collaboration with other academic institutions such as MIT, Stanford, University of Texas at Austin, Northwestern University, National University of Singapore, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee and Great Lakes Institute of Management. Great learning programs are offered in three formats, including online video plus weekend mentorship sessions, weekend classroom sessions plus online resources, and a full-time boot-camp format. The company claims to have over 2.2 million learners from over 170 countries around the world.

.