The T20 World Cup will begin in UAE and Oman from October 17. Qualifier matches will be held from October 17 to 22. The main leg of the tournament will start from 23 October. Virat Kohli will captain India for the first time in the T20 World Cup. At the same time, there are many things that will happen for the first time in this tournament.
The T20 World Cup will begin in UAE and Oman from October 17. Qualifier matches will be held from October 17 to 22. The main leg of the tournament will start from 23 October. The Indian team will play its first match on October 24 against arch-rivals Pakistan. Virat Kohli will be seen captaining India for the first and probably the last time in the T20 World Cup.
Let us tell you that this time 12 teams are participating in the tournament which are divided into two different groups. In addition to the top eight teams in the ICC T20 rankings, four teams will be selected from the qualifier round. There are also five things that will happen for the first time in this T20 World Cup.
These 5 things will happen for the first time in T20 World Cup 2021
- The last edition of the ICC T20 World Cup was played in 2016, when the Indian team was captained by MS Dhoni. Virat Kohli will be seen leading the Indian team for the first time in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- At the same time, this is happening for the first time that the host of the tournament is another country and the organizer is another country. In view of the situation of Corona virus epidemic in India, BCCI decided to organize the tournament in UAE and Oman. This is the first time in the history of the ICC T20 World Cup that an ICC subsidiary will host the prestigious tournament.
- Papua New Guinea and Namibia are participating in the ICC T20 World Cup for the first time. 16 teams are involved in the upcoming T20 World Cup. The other 14 countries have played the T20 World Cup first, but Namibia and PNG will make their debuts this year. Both the teams will appear in the qualifying rounds of the tournament.
T20 World Cup: Pakistan cricket team will change again, top order’s aggressive batsman out of tournament due to injury
- The final match of the T20 World Cup 2021 will be played on 14 November at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. For the first time in the history of T20 World Cup, it will happen that the team of the country where the final is being played will not be a part of the tournament. It is worth noting that the UAE team is not a part of this World Cup.
- There has never been a Super 12 round in the history of the T20 World Cup from 2007 to 2016. Till 2012, 8 teams were seen in the second round of T20 World Cup, which was called Super 8. The ICC increased the number of teams to 10 in 2016 and named it Super 10. This year, for the first time in T20 World Cup history, there will be a Super 12 round.
When will India compete against which team?
- 24 October – India vs Pakistan (7.30 pm, Dubai)
- 31 October – India v New Zealand (7.30 pm, Dubai)
- November 3 – India v Afghanistan (7.30 pm, Abu Dhabi)
- November 5 – India vs B1 (7.30 pm, Dubai)
- November 8 – India vs A2 (7.30 pm, Dubai)
Let us also tell you that on November 10 and 11, both the semi-final matches will be played. On November 14, the grand finale of this tournament i.e. the title match will be held.